Wish fulfillment agencies help to grant the wishes of a child with a life threatening illness. Each of these groups has its own criteria for selection. Check those that might be of interest to you to verify services and eligibility.
Listed below are agencies we know about that grant wishes to young people regardless of where they live.
There are many other agencies that grant wishes to children and families that live within defined geographic locations – for example, for New York residents or for Atlanta, GA residents only. The Candlelighter’s Childhood Cancer Foundation maintains a comprehensive list of these and other known wish fulfillment agencies. You can obtain this list by calling them at (800)366-2223.
Children’s Hopes & Dreams Foundation
280 Rt. 46
Dover, NJ 07801
- Fulfills dreams of children with life-threatening illnesses. Families included. No geographic boundaries. Also has worldwide Pen Pal Program for children who are chronically ill and have life threatening illnesses to write to other children with chronic and life threatening illnesses.
Children’s Wish Foundation International
(800) 323-WISH or (404) 393-WISH
7840 Roswell Rd., Suite 301
Atlanta, GA 30350
- Fulfills wishes of terminally ill children up to the age of 18 from the US or Europe. No restrictions.
The Dream Factory, Inc.
(800) 456-7556 or (502) 637-8700
Fax: (502) 637-8744
1218 S. 3rd Street
Louisville, KY 40203
- Grants wishes of children 3-18 years old who are seriously and/or chronically ill. Chapters in thirty states.
Famous Fone Friends
- Links children who are hospital-confined or home-bound due to injury or illness by telephone with entertainers and athletes. Specific requests will be honored whenever possible. Referral by physician, nurse, hospital volunteer or part of treatment center social service staff, who calls 310-204-LOVE and leaves their name, number and the child’s name and number.
Lisa Madonia Memorial Fund
943 N. East Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
c/o Board of Directors
- Grants wishes of young adults 18-25 years of age who may be in remission or currently being treated for any cancer. There are no geographical limitations. Referrals are accepted from anyone.
Make-A-Wish-Foundation of America (National Office)
(800) 722-WISH or (602) 279-6600
100 West Clarendon, Suite 2200
Phoenix, AZ 85013-3518
- Ensures that wishes are granted to children in the US and its territories with terminal illnesses or life-threatening medical conditions creating the probability the children will not survive beyond their 18th year. This is accomplished by chartering chapters and providing them with consistent policies, substantive resources, comprehensive training and wholehearted support. There are 79 chapters in 48 states. For information about Make-a-Wish International, Inc., which has affiliates in several countries, please contact the national office.
(800) 274-7827 or (213) 207-5558
12233 W. Olympic Blvd., Suite 322
Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Grants wishes to critically, chronically and terminally ill children 4-18 years of age. Serves the US, United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada.
PO Box 255/5400 County Road
547 N, Loughman, FL 33858
- Grants wishes to chronically or terminally ill children. No geographic boundaries. Family included. Anyone can refer a child. All volunteer chapters in other states and an office in Philadelphia, PA.
Back to top