The George Bartol Memorial Scholarship Fund
The George Bartol Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2004 by his wife and daughters. George was a dedicated father, husband, son, brother, and soldier. Education was always very important to Mr. Bartol. He made many sacrifices to ensure the education of his three daughters. To carry on his memory, this scholarship was established to help aid student(s) who have a parent battling a primary brain tumor or student(s) who have lost a parent to a primary brain tumor. The tumor must have originated in the brain.
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a parent battling a primary brain tumor or have a parent who has passed away as a result of a primary brain tumor. The tumor must have originated in the brain.
- Must be accepted as a full time enrollee at an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university.
- Must be eligible to receive the scholarship for at least 2 terms (Spring 2013, Summer 2013 or Fall 2013). Please note: Students who are currently in high school should wait to apply until they have entered their selected college or university.
- Must show proof of good standing with a 2.5 GPA or better.
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 23 years old.
Student essays, grades, letters of recommendations, and financial need will all be considered in the awarding of this scholarship.
To obtain a scholarship application and additional information, please visit the George Bartol Memorial Scholarship website.